Because of heightened concern about COVID-19, we want to let you know how Hiland Park Baptist Church is responding. Our leadership team is carefully and continually monitoring this situation. We are committed to doing everything we can to provide a safe environment for our church family and surrounding community. Also, we will continually monitor national, state and local recommendations and will keep you updated. We ask all Christ Followers to be informed by the facts and guided by faith and prayer.
• We are following the governor’s guidelines and have consulted with other leaders on the State and Local Level to make sure we are following all protocols and being as safe as we can possibly be.
• Brian Blalock, the head of our safety team who is with the Lynn Haven Police Department has reviewed our plan and he, along with the officers who serve our Hiland Park Baptist family every week, will be working with us as well.
• As always, if you are sick please do not attend in-person services, but worship with us online at home. If you have tested positive for COVID-19, been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or have had a fever within the last two weeks, do not attend in-person services, but worship with us online at home.
ENTERING AND EXITING THE BUILDING
• In order to maintain the recommended CDC guidelines, doors will not be opened until 15 minutes before each service. This means you should wait in your car until the doors open. We ask that you not wait outside the entrances or form a line waiting for the doors to open.
• We will ask everyone to exit the building as soon as the service is over to allow the proper cleaning and sanitizing to occur. This will also insure individuals attending the next service will be able to enter on time.
SERVICE TIMES & SEATING
• We will have services at 9:00am and 10:30am at the 231 Campus and 9:00am and 10:30am at the Kingswood Campus. Life Groups are at 8:00am, 9:00am and 10:30am.
• Plans include — rows blocked off and chairs separated to help people maintain a safe six-foot distance as they worship. Families should sit together, but there must be at least two seats between you and the next family or individual sitting on your particular row.
• In order to maintain crowd size to the 25% capacity mandated by the State of Florida, there should be no more than 10 individuals grouped together.
• Though we will have hand sanitizer on campus, we encourage you to bring some as well. You are welcome to wear a mask, but they are not required.
• Services will continue online for those who are unable to attend on campus.
8:00am: Online Life Group
9:00am: Live Worship Service
WE ARE TAKING PRECAUTIONS
• There will be no bulletins or offering buckets passed during our services. We encourage you to use online giving, text-to-give and giving boxes.
• We will not have food service available and the Coffee Café will be closed.
• We will have cleaning teams thoroughly clean every venue/chair between services.
• Water fountains will not be available, but FREE bottled water will be.
• If you have any concerns or health issues, we strongly recommend you remain at home and watch our online services which will continue at all the normal times.
Pray for our leaders, staff and the hundreds of volunteers who will be helping us prepare to worship together on campus and online and for lives to be changed.
Without question, this has been a trying experience for everyone. Hopefully, it has been a learning experience for us as well. We are convinced God has His hand in all of this and will use this to help us become better and stronger than ever before (Romans 8:28–31).
We love you and are praying for you and can’t wait to see you. Either on campus or online, we’ll be worshipping together this Sunday!
God bless you!