Because of heightened concern about the coronavirus (Covid-19), we want to let you know how Hiland Park Baptist Church is responding. Our leadership team is carefully and continually monitoring this situation. We are committed to doing everything we can to provide a safe environment for our church family and surrounding community. Also, we will continually monitor national, state and local recommendations and will keep you updated. We ask all Christ Followers to be informed by the facts and guided by faith and prayer.
Good Afternoon Hiland Park Family!
We’ve been given the GREEN light to reopen Hiland Park on a limited basis for worship on Saturday, May 16! To say we are excited is a colossal understatement. We also want to be as prayerful and careful as possible so we can do it the right way, and the safe way, for all of our people and our guests. So what does this mean for our Hiland Park family?
Here are the basics:
WE ARE FOLLOWING GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES
• We have been working on a plan to reopen for weeks. Since mid-March when we moved all of our ministry to ONLINE ONLY, our staff and leaders responded immediately and enabled us to continue to minister effectively and powerfully to thousands of people. Now it's time for us to respond again, AND WE ARE. We are following the governor’s guidelines and have consulted with other leaders on the State and Local Level to make sure we are following all protocols and being as safe as we can possibly be.
• Brian Blalock, the head of our safety team who is with the Lynn Haven Police Department has reviewed our plan and he, along with the officers who serve our Hiland Park Baptist family every week, will be working with us as well.
• As always, if you are sick please do not attend in-person services, but worship with us online at home. If you have tested positive for COVID-19, been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or have had a fever within the last two weeks, do not attend in-person services, but worship with us online at home.
ENTERING AND EXITING THE BUILDING
• We will have Staff in the parking lots, at the entrances and exits and in every worship service to give important information and help people practice social distancing. There will be separate Entrances and Exits. The two Entrances will be the main Mallway Entrance at the front of Highway 231 and the back awning next to the Choir room and Senior Adult Hallway. The two Exits will be the exit next to the Children’s Ministry Indoor Playground and the double glass doors on the other side of the Choir room adjacent to Headland Ave.
• In order to maintain the recommended CDC guidelines, doors will not be opened until 15 minutes before each service. This means you should wait in your car until the doors open. We ask that you not wait outside the entrances or form a line waiting for the doors to open.
• We will ask everyone to exit the building as soon as the service is over to allow the proper cleaning and sanitizing to occur. This will also insure individuals attending the next service will be able to enter on time.
SERVICE TIMES & SEATING
• We will have services at 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. at the 231 Campus and 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. at the Kingswood Campus.
• Plans include — rows blocked off and chairs separated to help people maintain a safe six-foot distance as they worship. Families should sit together, but there must be at least three seats between you and the next family or individual sitting on your particular row.
• In order to maintain crowd size to the 25% capacity mandated by the State of Florida, there should be no more than 10 individuals grouped together.
• Each member, that normally attends the Kingswood Campus, will be contacted this week by Campus Pastor, Kit Hentz. Please do not attend a service at the Kingswood Campus unless you have had communication with Pastor Kit.
• Though we will have hand sanitizer on campus, we encourage you to bring some as well. You are welcome to wear a mask, but they are not required.
• Services will continue online for those who are unable to attend on campus.
8:00am: Online Life Group
8:30am: Preschool Worship
9:00am: Kids Worship
9:30am: Live Worship Service
WE ARE TAKING PRECAUTIONS
• There will be no bulletins or offering buckets passed during our services. We encourage you to use online giving, text-to-give and giving boxes.
• We will not have food service available and the Coffee Café will be closed.
• We will have cleaning teams thoroughly clean every venue/chair between services.
• Water fountains will not be available, but FREE bottled water will be.
• If you have any concerns or health issues, we strongly recommend you remain at home and watch our online services which will continue at all the normal times.
• To ensure we are doing everything we possibly can to keep our people safe, especially our young ones, we will be asking families to sit together and there will be no nursery, children's or youth ministries other than online for the foreseeable future. Also, there will be no LifeGroups (Sunday School Classes) other than online.
Pray for our leaders, staff and the hundreds of volunteers who will be helping us prepare for this weekend to be another amazing opportunity for us to worship together on campus and online and for lives to be changed.
Without question, this has been a trying experience for everyone. Hopefully, it has been a learning experience for us as well. We are convinced God has His hand in all of this and will use this to help us become better and stronger than ever before (Romans 8:28–31).
We love you and are praying for you and can’t wait to see you. Either on campus or online, we’ll be worshipping together this Sunday!
God bless you!